Sunday, September 7, 2008

La Braderie De Lille & Music

I went to Lille with Margaux, which was really fun because it was La Braderie de Lille! Which is basically a giant sidewalk sale throughout the whole city; people are selling whatever they want at really low prices, and eating mountains of oysters. (I think they were oysters, anyway. LOL!) And at night, they have music and parties! I had a great time, and bought a lot! I left at about 7, because I was still tired from the Rotary dinner the night before! Sarah and I watched Love Story, which was really hard to understand in French.

American music and movies and really popular over here! Everywhere I go, I hear some American artist, like Madonna or Britney Spears! Right now, my favorite songs (in French) are "C'est Ma Terre" and "Cherchez le garçon" Remix (version electro). They are really cool, and popular over here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kinds of things did you buy? Jacksonville is having its sale next weekend (Remember the infamous Aladdin figures?)... on the same day Rutendo has their first gig at the Talent Harvest Festival. We'll definitely take some pictures.

Anonymous said...

hahan too funny, C'est ma terre and cherchez le garcon, I love it too lol ! and i was in Lille for the Braderie ! damnit ! could have seen you